Home Health Aide
Home health and personal care aides typically do the following:
- Help clients in their daily personal tasks, such as bathing or dressing
- Do light housekeeping, such as laundry, washing dishes, and vacuuming in a client’s home
- Organize a client’s schedule and plan appointments
- Arrange transportation to doctors’ offices or for other kinds of outings
- Shop for groceries and prepare meals
- Provide companionship
Salary: The median annual wage of home health aides was $20,560 in May 2010.. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $16,300, and the top 10 percent earned more than $29,390.
Reflection: Do you think you would like to be a Home Health Aide ? Why? Why not?
I think that it is a really easy job but, I don’t think that I would do this because you start getting to know the person better , and you start getting attached to then and it will affect you a lot the day when they pass away . I also wouldn’t do this because It’s really not something that interests me . The only reason that i would truly do this is because I feel bad for those people who need our help , and we can be the person who they have fun with, or keep good company with.